ECO BOOST 2016 After Market Exhaust - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-17-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

ECO BOOST 2016 After Market Exhaust

Hello,

I have recently purchased an 2016 Eco boost. Overall, I am very much satisfied with the car except the exhaust system and have thought of going for an after market exhaust. Can someone please suggest me an cat back exhaust ( I am looking for a deep sound instead of loud ).

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Fahad.
post #2 of 3 Old 08-18-2016, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad View Post
Hello,

I have recently purchased an 2016 Eco boost. Overall, I am very much satisfied with the car except the exhaust system and have thought of going for an after market exhaust. Can someone please suggest me an cat back exhaust ( I am looking for a deep sound instead of loud ).

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Fahad.
You're going to have a difficult time finding an exhaust that will give you a "deep sound". There's just no way around the fact that the exhaust from an inline 4 will always sound a bit ricey. You could try to find a pair of the big ass "Fart Pipe" mufflers the ricers love so much and swap those with the stock cans.

Personally if I were to replace the exhaust on my '16 Ecoboost I'd go with the MAPerformance exhaust. Sounds the least ricey to me out of all the systems available currently.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #3 of 3 Old 08-18-2016, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your response Uncle Meat. I understand that there is no way to get V8 like sound in ecoboost. Knowing the limitations, I was able to short list couple of contestants, which are as follows :

1) Magnaflow Street Catback exhaust.
2) Borla Turing Catback exhaust.

let me know what you all Mustang people think about. Any suggestion is really appreciated.

After all, we all take our cars seriously

Thanks,
Fahad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page