Which is the best CAI? - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-23-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool Which is the best CAI?

Ok, so we (my pony and I) have installed the Borla Cat Back Exhaust and are now ready to move forward and install the Cold Air Intake. I have ordered the Roush from American Muscle but it is on back order. I believe this is because Roush is still working on getting the 2015 models out to dealers. I have the choice to wait it out or change out the Brand. So, I wanted your EXPERIENCED OPINIONS here before I do anything. I've research - watched videos, and read articles (which can't answer my questions) and the techs I spoke to in my area are great for the install, but don't own mustangs! So, please let me hear from you! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1723
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	410  
post #2 of 14 Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM

I'm no pro but if I were you I would worry more about the intercooler before the Cai. Cai usually are not that beneficial till you upgrade a turbo plus factory intakes usually filter better than after markets do which is extremely vital to health of your turbo. An intercooler would cool the air throughout the rpm range supplying more cool air to your engine. That's my two cents.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Pony Girl likes this.
post #3 of 14 Old 08-29-2015, 09:38 PM

How is the borla cat back ? Is that the best exhaust ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-29-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_stang View Post
I'm no pro but if I were you I would worry more about the intercooler before the Cai.

And he could have the performance pack, which has the upgraded inter cooler... Would that make a difference
post #5 of 14 Old 08-29-2015, 11:56 PM

I don't think the intercooler is upgraded in the performance package it is the radiator but I could be mistaken.

Johnarmymp552 likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-30-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I don't know about other exhausts, but I LOVE the Borla! Ford installed right off the delivery truck so I never heard stock on my car, but the I have the S Type, (Sport) and it only sounds better over time! I took a 200 mile trip yesterday and pretty much cruised the whole way. The low growing purr was awesome, but you will hear it inside the car, which means you might have to crank up your tunes. I drive alone a lot so it works for me. And, according to Ford, there will be No argument regarding the warranties with the Ford Racing parts.
ksadea2k3 likes this.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-30-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My car DOES NOT have the performance package. We maxed out the build with ACC and other factory options which could not be added on later- BLIS, upgraded seats, Nav, color matched wheels, etc. My goal was to upgrade performance as we went along and get done within a year. I am 4 months in with exhaust, radar (9500ci) and the pending CAI and lowering springs. I am working with a Track/Performance Group where a friend is employed. So, all of your advise is helpful! Thanks!
post #8 of 14 Old 09-04-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Girl View Post
My car DOES NOT have the performance package. We maxed out the build with ACC and other factory options which could not be added on later- BLIS, upgraded seats, Nav, color matched wheels, etc. My goal was to upgrade performance as we went along and get done within a year. I am 4 months in with exhaust, radar (9500ci) and the pending CAI and lowering springs. I am working with a Track/Performance Group where a friend is employed. So, all of your advise is helpful! Thanks!
I ordered the MMR CAI for mine. The MAPerformace CAI is very similar. I also looked at AiRaid's enclosed CAI. I think any of those are great options, just a matter of preference. I chose the MMR because I felt I could get slightly more flow and lower charge temps than the enclosed Airaid but the performance difference between the 3 will be negligible on the dyno I'd imagine. The MMR and MAP open CAI located in the fender well are going to produce more sound than the enclosed Airaid. I also really liked that MMR attaches to the motor so there is no stress on the intake or turbo when the motor torques under acceleration. Mishimoto was a contender also.

Personally, I just don't care for the idea of the CAI located in engine bay with just a heat shield. I think the engine bay gets pretty hot and unless it's a closed box or located in the fender well, it's going to suck hot air from the engine bay.

2015 2
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Dry Black Cold-Air Intake System by Airaid (452-326) - MAPerformance
Ecoboost Ford Mustang Cold Air Intake Kit by MAPerformance | MAP EBM-CAI - MAPerformance
Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Air Intake, 2015+, by Mishimoto
post #9 of 14 Old 10-14-2015, 02:56 PM

My Mustang Build

Hey Guys! I have my build going and just wanted to share a photo and get some feed back. I have a Injen CAI and im looking for a Intercooler but not sure what to get next any ideas??? I know Inejn has a intercooler in the works but looking for more input.

[IMG][/IMG]
post #10 of 14 Old 10-30-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMustang View Post
Hey Guys! I have my build going and just wanted to share a photo and get some feed back. I have a Injen CAI and im looking for a Intercooler but not sure what to get next any ideas??? I know Inejn has a intercooler in the works but looking for more input.

[IMG][/IMG]
I picked up an MBRP Race catback 3" catback exhaust system. I ordered it from Horsepowerdirect.com and the knowledgeable tech Ryan that helped me told me about an intercooler coming out around Christmas from Wegener. He said it will be one of the very best for our 'Stangs without paying thousands for an all new turbo system. He said it's supposed to sell for around $650. I'm waiting for it to drop before replacing the crappy stock IC. Look into it. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page