Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

What exhaust to choose on EB

21K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  jwmc1 
#1 ·
Any advice on the different exhausts availble for the EB model ?

What are the performance gains if any or is it just visual and sound upgrade ?

#3 ·
What'd you mean by going custom ? hand made ? or just not from Ford..?

The one that I found with nicest look and (youtube) sound is the Borla Ford Racing one...

Embossed Ford racing logo, Chrome pipes...

$ 789,99- but with a freight cost of $ 295,- !!... Time for the dollar to go down again against the euro...from 1.3 to 1.19 :(

#4 ·
When he says custom he means order some stainless steel piping with a diameter of 2.5 or 3 inch (personally i would go 3 and let that turbo breathe) and then buy some flanges and have a muffler shop weld it together for you. Its much cheaper. Also make sure the bends are mandrel

hope this helps :)

#6 ·
We just unveiled our own exhaust. It far surpasses the build quality of anything I've seen hit the market for the EBM yet! We spent quite a bit of time on dialing in the sound and in my own opinion it is the best sounding system yet.

Here are some video clips showing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3WHd8nAEJE

Link to the dyno results and other images:
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Catback Exhaust by MAPerformance | MAP EBM-CBE - MAPerformance

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any pricing or product questions! I'd be happy to answer!

#18 ·
We just unveiled our own exhaust. It far surpasses the build quality of anything I've seen hit the market for the EBM yet! We spent quite a bit of time on dialing in the sound and in my own opinion it is the best sounding system yet.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any pricing or product questions! I'd be happy to answer!

Would this system fit on the Ecoboost Convertible?

#8 ·
MBRP is the way to go!

I was stuck between the Flowmaster outlaw axle back and MBRP Cat back for a while... After months of debating and listening to a ton of sound clips on Youtube, I decided to go with the MBRP cat back race series exhaust. It's made of 409 Stainless Steel and normally runs about $699.99 - a little expensive, but it sounded amazing in all the sound clips! Really deep without being over the top and bottle-rocket like. I haven't installed mine yet, but will be doing so in about a week. I'll update this post with the YT link once it's installed.

#9 ·
I was stuck between the Flowmaster outlaw axle back and MBRP Cat back for a while... After months of debating and listening to a ton of sound clips on Youtube, I decided to go with the MBRP cat back race series exhaust. It's made of 409 Stainless Steel and normally runs about $699.99 - a little expensive, but it sounded amazing in all the sound clips! Really deep without being over the top and bottle-rocket like. I haven't installed mine yet, but will be doing so in about a week. I'll update this post with the YT link once it's installed.
You made a great choice. This is the best exhaust system for the EcoBoost. I installed mine a month ago and the only problem is that I do not want to listen to the music any more when driving my car - I just want to listen to this fantastic rumbling!

#12 · (Edited)
Nice setup Giorgos. Do you have a video clip, I would like to hear how it sounds.

I guess you are located in Greece. I pmed you my phone number - give me a call whenever you want. A couple of other people and myself take our ponies for a ride every now and then. You are welcome to join!

EDIT: Sorry, I cannot send any pm's yet because the number of my posts in these forums is low. So this is my phone number: 6945808540

#11 ·
Anybody tried the MBRP street catback?

I need something quieter than the race exhaust, and I like the sound of this one in the youtube clips.

#14 ·
Why not add a Cuthroat Exhaust Cutout to your stock exhaust. It should be good to go in track mode because of the turbo and catalytic converter affecting the flow and sound (sadly). Nothing would outflow it. If for some reason you were not able to run it in track mode all the time, install the street insert for daily driving and simply install the track insert for ultimate flow at performance events. https://youtu.be/sx4s5ZIZL9g

#15 ·
Why not add a Cuthroat Exhaust Cutout to your stock exhaust. It should be good to go in track mode because of the turbo and catalytic converter affecting the flow and sound (sadly). Nothing would outflow it. If for some reason you were not able to run it in track mode all the time, install the street insert for daily driving and simply install the track insert for ultimate flow at performance events. https://youtu.be/sx4s5ZIZL9g
I don't think your video is a very fair representation of what a cutout on an I4 turbo will sound like. :D

U.M.

#24 ·
Your friend is right in a way. Making an I4 turbo sound good is not easy unless you LIKE that ricey farty sound. There's no exhaust out there that will make the car sound like a V8. However SOME of the exhausts available for the Ecoboost sound better than others. It's so subjective. Have you gone on YouTube and listened to the different exhausts available? Lot's of videos available for you to listen to.

U.M.

#23 ·
Not true. Have you heard the MBRP Race catback. Love the sound!

#27 ·
id say straight pipe after stock downpipe if you're worried about warranty.
Of course this configuration will never pass inspection if you're in a state that requires that kind of thing.
if you're not, then just get an off road downpipe and straight pipe all the way to the tips.
..and this configuration would require a tune to work properly.

Straight pipes sound like crap on this car IMHO. :(

U.M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.