Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Performance pack

13K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  habs1965 
#1 ·
I noticed Ford is talking about a Track Pack and a Performance pack.

Appearently the Performance pack is meant as an option for the ECOboost model.

I also noticed an article mentioning it would be standard on European versions ?

Anyone to confirm and able to tell what the pack will contain ?

#3 ·
I can't confirm if Track/Performance pack will be standard on Euro S550's nor can I confirm the exact contents of the pack, but I do have some semi helpful info...

A new Performance Pack for the Mustang GT will be offered with the EcoBoost and the 5.0-liter, as we detailed earlier, which will add big wheels and brakes to all of the shoving power. But now with selectable driving modes and "Track Apps" that sounds Porsche-like, the GT wants to be taken seriously on a track. That seems to show Ford made a concerted effort into making the Mustang talented at roads that aren't straight, too, taking what they learned from the Boss 302 Mustang and applying it to this car
and going off S197 GT tack pack..

TORSEN helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
• Upgraded Boss 302 radiator
• Engine oil cooler
• High-performance Brembo brake pad friction material upgrade
• Brembo Brake Package
• Upgraded front and rear brakes (with unique caliper finish) and booster
• Unique front corner modules
• 19 x 9.0 premium paint (dark stainless) aluminum wheels and 255/40-19 summer-only tire
• Tire mobility kit (HJBAB)
• Unique ESC module tuning

#5 ·
Coming from Dave Pericak it should be reliable info :

All European cars will have the Performance Pack which means a larger radiator, summer tyres, 19in wheels, not 20s, with wider 275-rear tyres on the V8, upgraded brake cooling, six-piston calipers for the V8 and four-piston for the Ecoboost, and upgraded and specifically tuned axles.
The top speeds have been increased at every level. The V8 does 155 mph (250 km/h), the V6 doing 121 mph (195 km/h), and then the Ecoboost base doing 121 mph, but the Ecoboost Track Pack doing 145 mph (233.5 km/h) also an electronically restricted speed..

#7 ·
Price wise on winter/summer tyres the difference is huge between 19" and 20". In these areas you need both ...better would be 19" or would have to buy and additional wheel set (17/18")for the winter if it ends up with 20" by default at delivery in Europe.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.