How do I disable the active noise control? - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 05-31-2016, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

How do I disable the active noise control?

I just put an aftermarket amp and sub in my eco and now at about 1500rpm I have this annoying hum coming through my sub. There has to be a way to disable it. I called my local ford dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about.
post #2 of 21 Old 06-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have the stock stereo system and I can hear that low RPM hum too. Drives me crazy. Try pulling fuse #27 and then going for a drive. Supposedly that fuse controls the ambient engine sounds. The F150 Ecoboost trucks can have this feature turned off by the dealer if you can believe that. It's done through the Sync system. They need to make it an option for the Mustangs too.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #3 of 21 Old 06-01-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Pulling fuse 27 controls your audio. I could pull it but it would take my stereo with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swperry View Post
Pulling fuse 27 controls your audio. I could pull it but it would take my stereo with it.
Yes that is correct. Fuse 27 controls the amplifier. I wasn't sure how much of the stock system you were still using in your current setup.

The only other suggestion is to look at disabling the input microphone. Supposedly there is a mic located in the map light pod that can be disabled which stops the active noise system from working. However the mic is probably shared with the voice command system so who knows. May just be stuck with this crap.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #5 of 21 Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Ok so today I took it in to ford to have them disable it and after 2 hours they gave up. Tried to use IDS but that didn't work. HOWEVER.....after a bit more research online I discovered that there is a small mic located in the headliner just above the back seat. Pull your headliner back and unplug that mic and the noise is completely gone! Problem solved!
MacStang likes this.
post #6 of 21 Old 06-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swperry View Post
Ok so today I took it in to ford to have them disable it and after 2 hours they gave up. Tried to use IDS but that didn't work. HOWEVER.....after a bit more research online I discovered that there is a small mic located in the headliner just above the back seat. Pull your headliner back and unplug that mic and the noise is completely gone! Problem solved!
SWEET! Awesome info Swperry. I had read there was a mic in the car that is used to control the active noise control, didn't know if it was separate from the blue-tooth or not. Sounds like it is. Great!

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #7 of 21 Old 06-30-2016, 06:29 PM

I just had to join up to this forum, as I just purchased a 2015 Ecoboost Convertible last week.

Any idea where that microphone is on the convertible edition? Can't seem to find anything on the interwebs as to where it would be.
post #8 of 21 Old 07-19-2016, 11:43 PM

I have the same situation. Where is the mic on the convertible? Anyone?
post #9 of 21 Old 07-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircharlesb1 View Post
I have the same situation. Where is the mic on the convertible? Anyone?
It's in the map lights box. I'm not 100% sure where it is located in there, as the audio guy that installed my amp is the one who found it and pulled it out. It's a small squarish black mic box. My sub now works perfectly, and the mic could easily be put back in if I ever got rid of the stang.

If you need a pic of it, let me know. I can possibly pull the box down and see where the mic came from if you need it. Honestly dont even notice a difference in engine sound without.
post #10 of 21 Old 08-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Once you disconnect the mic in the rear headliner, you will still get some engine noise if you use higher powered amps. the noise is limited to the rear speakers, and can be minimized, but not completely eliminated by using a pair of bass blockers to the rear speakers. 100 microfared capacitors work the best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page