Overboost... this sucks - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Overboost... this sucks

I was so stoked on this car, first time Mustang owner, never have had so much fun driving.

Since Friday when starting the car it would show the wrench and say "hill start not available" and "traction control not available". Turning the car off and back on resolved it and good for a few days, so figured maybe just a fluke. Then since yesterday did it upon every start. Hooked up obd and pulled p0234 and p2610. An overboost and performance timer warning?

Dropped at the dealer this morning. They just called me and said they can't figure it out and want to keep it overnight. Not a problem is not my daily driver. But at the same time leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a car with less than 1300 miles to be in the shop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

post #2 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Don't give up on your car yet. It could be something very simple. Car is under warranty so let the service department do their thing and see what they find first.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #3 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm not giving up, although kind of bummed that they didn't even call me today with an update. It's just a confidence in your purchase that kind of occurs in situations like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-31-2017, 04:54 PM

Garage
Let us know what they find and how they fix it. I'm curious.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2017, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

They said the waste gate was bad and needed to be replaced. Turbo actually feels better now. I gave them a ton of crap since my car has so few miles on it, the customer relations manager gave me an extended warranty on my car (which I didn't purchase since I rarely make it beyond the 3yr/36k before trading) for my piece of mind since I told him I pretty much lost faith in the car. So pretty happy overall.... hopefully this was it.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdeco View Post
They said the waste gate was bad and needed to be replaced. Turbo actually feels better now. I gave them a ton of crap since my car has so few miles on it, the customer relations manager gave me an extended warranty on my car (which I didn't purchase since I rarely make it beyond the 3yr/36k before trading) for my piece of mind since I told him I pretty much lost faith in the car. So pretty happy overall.... hopefully this was it.

Glad to hear your car is back up and running.

Not sure I agree with giving the service department a ton of crap for a defective waste gate. Not the dealerships fault.

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
Glad to hear your car is back up and running.

Not sure I agree with giving the service department a ton of crap for a defective waste gate. Not the dealerships fault.

U.M.
Oh no no.... not them, they fixed it. I went to my sales guy and spoke with him and his manager. And when I say "give crap" it's not like I'm sitting there angry yelling at them but I definitely expressed my disappointment and lack of confidence in what they sold me.

And I understand they didn't build the car but they are my immediate contact with Ford so there is nothing wrong in complaining to them. A chef might mess up your food but it's your server who you complain to....

Last edited by Sdeco; 04-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page