EcoBoost in the winter - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2017, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
EcoBoost in the winter

Well figured I would make a post explaining my experiences with my 2016 mustang ecoboost and driving it in the winter. Now while I wouldnt say the car is my first choice as a winter car I also cant say its horrible, in fact its really really good. Hear me out first, usually I drive a eagle talon that is AWD, a 2013 F150 4wd ( that I traded for the ecoboost ) , or a 93 mitsubishi evolution 1 that is awd. All of these vehicles were awesome winter vehicles except the truck, the truck was far to light in the rear and wanted to slide out everywhere even in 4wd needless to say it got annoying very quickly. sadly my other two vehicles are currently down for repairs/mods so driving them this winter was out of the question, so that is why I was forced to drive the ecoboost this winter.

upon getting the car the first thing I noticed was the car felt way more controllable then my truck, the tail didnt slide out as much and when ever it started to the advance trac system would put the car right back on track. That is a system I am glad ford has reworked and has got it working pretty **** good now as my truck had it and it was more dangerous then a safety feature. The next thing I soon began to appreciate was the snow mode, while I know it really limits throttle response it also seems to make the car more predictable and feels like its a little more on rails then a icy road. my final thing I have really liked is that the car handles extreme cold weather very very well, I am getting actual heat in the car in under 7 minutes at -35 degrees Celsius ..

All in all, if you actually know how to handle a performance car and know what real throttle control is, you wont have any issues driving this car in the winter. I am even still just on the stock tires and havent even got winters on it yet, but those may soon come just as an added precaution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1484433972377[1].jpg
Views:	124
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1026   Click image for larger version

Name:	1483874727696[2].jpg
Views:	120
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1034   Click image for larger version

Name:	1484618831823[1].jpg
Views:	122
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1042  

Last edited by 2.3L_turbo; 01-23-2017 at 03:00 AM.
post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Glad to hear the Mustang Ecoboost is a capable winter vehicle. Doubt if I'll ever get a chance to test my wife's out in the slippery stuff, but you never know!

U.M.

2016 Ecoboost Mustang
2009 C6ZO6
2005 Mustang V6
2003 Terminator (Sold)
2002 Mustang GT (Sold)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-23-2017, 03:51 PM

Garage
I'm driving my 17 EB stick shift in eastern Canada with 19" Blizzak tires on all 4 corners. I didn't get the premium model so I don't have the snow/wet mode, but the traction control is doing all right. I have about a hundred pounds of ballast over the rear axle right now and I think I'd do better with another 50 or so. Keeping a light foot on the gas seems to be the key to staying on the road.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-23-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I'm driving my 17 EB stick shift in eastern Canada with 19" Blizzak tires on all 4 corners. I didn't get the premium model so I don't have the snow/wet mode, but the traction control is doing all right. I have about a hundred pounds of ballast over the rear axle right now and I think I'd do better with another 50 or so. Keeping a light foot on the gas seems to be the key to staying on the road.
Oh nice I'm located in Alberta , I wish mine was a 6 speed but there were none around when I purchased the car. I really should have waited .
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Blizzak Tires, Nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page