Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2.3 liter RECALL !!!! Risk of Fire/Parling Brake Failure

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BrianShore 
#1 ·
Link to recall details;
2015 Ford Mustang With 2.3-Liter Engine Recalled for Possible Fire Risk | Edmunds.com

Affects 2.3 L Mustang built from February 14, 2014 to February 10, 2015 at Flat Rock Assembly Plant.

Ford Statement;
"Prolonged exposure to elevated underbody temperatures might cause degradation of the fuel tank and fuel vapor lines, which could eventually result in a fuel leak, In addition, prolonged exposure to elevated underbody temperatures might cause the parking brake cable seals to degrade, potentially affecting parking brake functions."

Call Ford at 1-800-392-3673 to verify if your pony is part of the affected group of Mustangs.

I called & verified mine is affected & was advised to wait until I get a letter from Ford on how to proceed with getting the recall stuff fixed. Called dealer & they said they could do nothing without a letter from Ford. I explained I do a 43 mile commute each way with regular traffic jams & I'm concerned, again nothing happening without Fords letter.

Recall to start July 6th! So WTF I'm supposed to ride this POS around for over a month in the heat of Summer & just keep checking I'm not on fire? So much for vacation.

This will be in for service for the 5th time before the first oil change is due. I'm at the point I hope the POS burns to the ground so I can get a Camaro!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you. As you know no car is without faults it took Chevy years to come clean about issues they had and even to this day they are not caught up. It's very upsetting that your dealer is not willing to take care of it w.o the letter. Best regards and I hope you change your mind about the car.

#3 ·
Recall fixed now, enjoying the car a lot more

About 2 weeks ago (end of August) I got the recall fixed. The heat shield came in bent up the first time so it took a while to get another in. Dealer had it for the day as "This is the first time we've done one of these recalls" (very comforting to hear, but honest). At least they sprung for a rental. In Maryland we've had like 50 days so far 90+ this summer & I took back roads home from work (63 traffic lights) to avoid any sitting in traffic jams in 90+ commuting back from College Park to Pasadena (work commute 43 miles each way). Long summer doing that & the worry about "risk of fire" really had me bent out of shape. I think the new car bugs are finally all over with & I'm enjoying the car a lot more now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.