Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Brakes squeal

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  turbo_stang 
#1 ·
I just thought I'd post that I had been experiencing a brake squeal for about two months now so today I took ole girl to the stealership for an oil change and tire rotation and I told them about the brakes. Well come to find out there is a maintenance bulletin on the brakes so I'm getting new brakes and rotors. The service manager said that it only effected ecoboost and gts. I just thought I'd post my findings.

-Steven

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Yeah mine is like a drone not like metal on metal, not really a squeal. It's very loud and it happens spontaneously but when it does it drowns out the radio. Anyways the service manager said that there was a problem with some of the brake pads and rotors with the EBs with the performance packages and GTs. Not a recall but a technical bulletin so they are going swap mine out under warranty. On a side note the manager said that they have already swapped out pads and rotors on a couple of other EBs with the same problem. So I guess your chances of getting a bad set of brakes and rotors are pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.