Telling your S550 Mustangs Apart - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Telling your S550 Mustangs Apart

So how will you know just which S550 you're looking at? There are subtle visual cues that should help you discern.

V6

Notice the Tribar pony logo on the rear fascia. The tribar pony has been a staple on the V6 for some time now.

EcoBoost

From the rear the differnce on the Ecoboost should be the galloping pony by itself absent of the tribar...

GT

If you cant tell its a GT by the big GT slapping you in the face out back, you should be able to confirm it by the 5.0 badges on the front quarters. Also of note the GT will have twin nostrils on the edges of the hood. No word if the Ecoboost performance pack will also feature the same...

2014.5 Launch Model

The 2014.5 Mustangs will be discernible by three key features. One is the pony in the corral on the front grill, this harks back to the original '64.5s grill, same story for the wheels they are special for the 2014.5 as the mimic the original launch wheels from 50 years ago. The last is not as easy to tell off the bat, the 2014.5s are rumored to be painted in retro wimbledon white, just like the original.

Common

From the front I don't think there will be any visual dichotomies between the three trim levels, out rear all will feature true dual exhausts, as well as the aggressive diffuser.
post #2 of 16 Old 03-28-2014, 03:23 PM

dont see the difference between the v6 and the ecoboost
post #3 of 16 Old 03-28-2014, 04:58 PM

The ecoboost model has just the galloping mustang on the back whereas the V6 model has the galopping mustang with the the bars behind it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-30-2014, 08:41 AM

Is the black back plate mat on the V6 and shinny on the other ones?
post #5 of 16 Old 03-31-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed67 View Post
Is the black back plate mat on the V6 and shinny on the other ones?
I believe its just dirty, the other pictures from the set show a filthy car...

see how dirty the side sills and lower front lip are. However an encouraging sign to perspective owners, look how well Competition Orange hides the dirt
post #6 of 16 Old 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM

ahh i see it now

you have to look really careful
post #7 of 16 Old 03-31-2014, 03:39 PM

I do agree that the Competition Orange does hide the dirt well. I don't think that will be a very popular color though. Orange is pretty in your face and distinct. Most people will go for black, red, or white I would guess. Orange will likely be one of the least popular colors.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 PM

European guess would be Black, and the variations of grey...kind of closest to the audi and BMW colors...white might be succesful as well however the white trend is a bit 'passé'
post #9 of 16 Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Horse View Post
I do agree that the Competition Orange does hide the dirt well. I don't think that will be a very popular color though. Orange is pretty in your face and distinct. Most people will go for black, red, or white I would guess. Orange will likely be one of the least popular colors.
It'll hide light colored dirt. But it wont hide dark colored dirt.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 AM

edit nvm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page