Design Disappointment: EU vs NA Mustang - Mustang Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feverkie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-05-2015, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Design Disappointment: EU vs NA Mustang

Legislation and regulation have made several not so subtle changes to the beautiful design of the S550 mustang.

I'm interested in a 4 cylinder Mustang here in the UK, but some of the design choices for the EU have left me dissapointed...

Different Tail Lamps: NA Mustangs get Red Tri-Bar tail lamps vs EU Mustangs are transparent, also missing are sequential indicators. This is the most noticeable and offensive alteration to the design IMO. Tri Bar lighting is iconic to mustang, many EU shoppers find themselves disappointed. Is it possible to get NA spec tail lamps shipped and installed in the EU?

Different Mirrors: NA mirrors are small and sleek vs EU mirrors which are much larger and triangular. If you look closely at NA spec Mustangs they have signal indicators in the mirrors, something I don't believe EU mustangs will recieve.

Different Bonnets: NA Mustangs have hood nostrils vs EU mustangs which do not to meet pedestrian regulations. If you're going to hit by a 3000 pound steel projectile I would imagine hood nostrils to be low on the list of potential risks.

Different DRLs: NA DRL is integrated in headlight vs EU spec above the fog lights. Notice the orange above the NA spec mustangs foglight, while the EU spec is clear. I like that the NA cars get tri bar DRLs, is that possible in the EU through software perhaps?

Different Rear Indicators: NA cars have red indicators vs yellow on EU mustangs.

post #2 of 6 Old 03-06-2015, 03:49 PM

The aftermarket will have a lot of orders. Every mustang owner personalice his car, now i know where to start. I had rather used my money for other things.
BoostedStang likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-07-2015, 09:12 AM

Signal indicators in the side mirrors are a standard feature!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-08-2015, 03:13 PM

Mirrors : Advantage EU version; You'll see a lot more happening than on us one.. Sure US one can be easily found and installed.

Rear side reflectors are mandatory Orange (guess in whole Europe but for sure in belgium)

White tail lights with pink red light: Guess just replacing the plastics with US ones should do the trick (except for sequential feature) Already found these on ebay...Suppose the electronics is not in the light itself and connectors are identical...

TRi-Bar DRL : We'll have to find a solution for this one, the light in the bumper is ridiculous ...Can't be that hard to solve...
post #5 of 6 Old 03-09-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feverkie View Post
The aftermarket will have a lot of orders. Every mustang owner personalice his car, now i know where to start. I had rather used my money for other things.
That and even some guys buying OEM USDM Mustang parts they like over what they're originally getting.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed67 View Post
Mirrors : Advantage EU version; You'll see a lot more happening than on us one.. Sure US one can be easily found and installed.

Rear side reflectors are mandatory Orange (guess in whole Europe but for sure in belgium)

White tail lights with pink red light: Guess just replacing the plastics with US ones should do the trick (except for sequential feature) Already found these on ebay...Suppose the electronics is not in the light itself and connectors are identical...

TRi-Bar DRL : We'll have to find a solution for this one, the light in the bumper is ridiculous ...Can't be that hard to solve...
I'm sure a ford friendly fellow could patch it, or bring the function out. I'd be surprised if Europe is using a totally exclusive ECU...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page